An eldritch concept embodying the fear of dying. Common motifs include, but are not limited to: the afterlife, religion, cults, dogmatism, manipulation, chess, futility, power, self-righteousness, persecution, authority, decay, the dark side of humanity, depression, split personalities, damaged psyches, and existentialism.
The most common portrayals are The Dying Man, a multifaceted body-snatcher split into countless personalities that feed on a victim's problems; and The Archangel, a being which can manifest as anything which has died.
Portrayals of the Fear of Dying:
- The Archangel (The Great Game Verse)
- Azrael (Between the Party Lines)
- The Blitz (The Runner Verse)
- The Bone King (Horsemen)
- The Decay (Tales of the Titans)
- Dullahan (Unseelie)
- The Ecclesiarchway (The Rapture Cycle)
- The Dying Man (The Dying Man Verse)
- Melancholia (Melancholia)
- Mimir (Horsemen)
- Quietus (The Seeing World)